Home Forums ARMY QUESTIONS Where I'm up to in the enlistment process, big news

17 replies, 6 voices Last updated by  Braiden Russell 1 year, 1 month ago
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Braiden Russell
    Participant
    @Bravo Romeo

Hey guys, called my enlistment coordinator to see how my application was going but calls failed and I couldn’t leave a message. Still determined to call I called DFR and while oldmate was sending an email to my enlistment coordinator I asked if infantry full time was “full” he said yes the wait time is about three years after that I said no worries hung up and not two mins after I get a call from a full time enlistment coordinator asking me if I had an interest in full time infantry. I replied yes I originally applied for that but got an email six months after being on the assessment waiting list that it was not going to be available for the foreseen future. She told me that she would love if I would come down and do another assessment day for full time infantry instead of going reserves. she said if i get recommended at the assessment day I could be looking at a July intake.

Wanted to give you guys an update on my application and wondered if anyone got the call to go full time infantry as I did.

Anthony Plater
    Participant
    @PLATS

Braiden,

Good news, you journey is about to commence, July isn’t that far away. Keep us posted with any updates.

Regards,

Anthony (Plats)

Braiden Russell
    Participant
    @Bravo Romeo

will do mate.

Michael Slattery
    Participant
    @Slatts

Braiden,

Awesome to see that your journey is getting closer to a definitive point mate. Stay focused on what you want to achieve and it will happen.
    Maintain the rage – keep us all in the loop.

Slats

Braiden Russell
    Participant
    @Bravo Romeo

Hey guys, did my assessment day and to be pretty honest it was easy as. only shit thing about the assessment day is that its a waiting game. got recommended for full time infantry and the psych was easy since the lady doing it says it seems that i have matured over the last 12 months and have realistic expectations of what army life is like. for those wondering what questions i got asked for the defence interview it was ” what is unrestricted service, where and how long is initial military training plus what you do at kapooka. same question for IET’s as well but thats all. the psych and interview took around 5-10 mins but about 3 hour waits in between them.

Bram Connolly
    Keymaster
    @bram

Well done mate. Do you think that WarriorU helped in anyway? In a few weeks when I’m back in Perth lets sit down and have a Skype chat, this time we shouldn’t get cut off.

Braiden Russell
    Participant
    @Bravo Romeo

yeah mate Warrior U definitely helped with the defence interviews and the psych test cause it told DFR that not only have i researched extensively into the role i want. but also because i got into contact with people who have had a great career in the ADF like you and a few others and not only answered questions related to infantry and SF but have set up warrior U to prepare individuals for life in defence. it also gave me that confidence boost during the defence and psych interview. hopefully that answers your question 🙂 and message me whenever about that skype chat.

David French
    Participant
    @FRENCH

G’Day Braiden,

Great news mate and well done. The Infantry will always need dedicated and motivated young Australians, you’ve proven that you are both thus far. Keep your eyes on the prize though, training is tough and for a good reason. I look forward to hearing when you’ve got your Recruit training date confirmed and when you know your march out dates from ARTC and later on SOI let us know and I will try and get there in person.

Keep at ’em.

Braiden Russell
    Participant
    @Bravo Romeo

Thanks mate, my mate jazza is at singleton right now and he is telling me they took the infantry PESA out and no pack marching at kapooka anymore! Also trying to contact my enlistment coordinator, its like she’s gone into hiding or something.

Michael Slattery
    Participant
    @Slatts

Braiden,

Keep chasing her up mate and get some answers. Good drills and keep pushing forward.

Slats

Braiden Russell
    Participant
    @Bravo Romeo

Hey slats I called DFR yesterday to write an email to the whole brisbane team cause apparently on the file it said my reserve coordinator was my current one so hopefully it gets sorted within the next few days.

Anthony Plater
    Participant
    @PLATS

Congratulations Braiden – Great news.

Plats

Braiden Russell
    Participant
    @Bravo Romeo

Passed my PFA today, if theres any intakes in the next six weeks Ive got an enlistment day. So exciting, lowkey hate the beep test 😅

Bram Connolly
    Keymaster
    @bram

Great stuff, did the training program help mate? What did you get on the Beep Test…

Braiden Russell
    Participant
    @Bravo Romeo

Of course the training program helped mate I got 7.6, Should of gone for more to be honest.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.