Home Forums Leader Board Rowing World Record

6 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Bram Connolly 2 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Bram Connolly
    Keymaster
    @bram

OK – so, I had a crack at the world record for distance rowed in 1 minute the other day…. I managed 337m in 1 minute. The WR for <75kg male is 371.....(I’m 84kg 😂)therefore a Heavy Weight and a long way off the WR....

Andrew Bullock
    Participant
    @Mighty Sharks

What setting did you do it on?

Bram Connolly
    Keymaster
    @bram

the settings don’t mean anything mate when it comes to the distance in a time (haven’t you listened to the podcast?) lol – seriously though, my drag factor is set to around 141 – which on my machine is between 6 and 7 on the spiral air damper.

You go to settings and select drag factor then start rowing, move the air damper until you reach the most efficient setting for your size, weight, length of stroke etc – for me at 84kg and 176cm is setting 141 – 148

Andrew Bullock
    Participant
    @Mighty Sharks

Thanks Bram,
    It was actually having listened to the podcasts that made me ask. I was pretty sure he was talking about how not to put the setting too high. But I’ve never really considered setting it based around my weight, probably because I only use it in short bursts as part of a workout.

Anyway, 337 in a minute is a pretty good effort

Bram Connolly
    Keymaster
    @bram

I want to crack 400m – thats the goal

Andrew Bullock
    Participant
    @Mighty Sharks

Just did 337m as well. Is this just beginners luck?

Bram Connolly
    Keymaster
    @bram

It’s tough isn’t it. I managed 375 the other day, after three weeks of consistent application and training. – Working on my top end cardio so that the last 10 seconds would count. Went harder at the 20 seconds then pulled consistently then threw everything at the last 10 seconds.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.