Home Forums ARMY QUESTIONS OSB Tips

2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Rhys Lawrence 7 months ago
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rhys Lawrence
    Participant
    @Romeo Kilo Lima

Hey tribe,
    Just wondering about what kind of tips you can recommend for the Officer Selection Board.
    I’m still a ways off sitting the board as I have to redo my Assessment Day in December but I’d love some pointers early to process what to expect.
    Cheers
    Rhys

Chris Booth
    Participant
    @CharlieGolf

It was a while ago for the OSB for me but some quick tips from me include:
    – be prepared for a lot of chiefs and not a lot of Indians when it comes to any group activities and try to be involved as much as possible without being a jerk about things. Do this in part by trying to get everyone involved/ as many people productively working towards a solution.
    – be yourself in all the interviews. They sniff insincerity fairly well. While they expect some nerves, just being yourself is probably is the best bet to seeing if you’re the right person for the job.
    – be the best version of yourself you can be. Come well prepared with clear knowledge of the army, structure, ethos/ values (probably the more important part) and what avenues you think you can work well within. Knowing this last bit means you have a good awareness of your strengths and weaknesses and demonstrates you already have a great idea of where you can contribute towards the mission of the Army. Prepare well with the WarriorU courses mate – they are gold.

CB

Rhys Lawrence
    Participant
    @Romeo Kilo Lima

Thanks Chris,
    I’ll keep all that in mind and keep bulking up the research

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.