Home Forums Introductions INTRO – ZAK

4 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  Zakary Lamrock 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Zakary Lamrock
    Participant
    @Zulu Lima

G’day guys and girls

My name is Zak Lamrock. I’m 24 years old. I grew up being inspired to join the Army, listening to stories my Father would tell me from his 9 years of service as a fitter armorer. I’m originally from Tamworth NSW and now living in Newcastle where I relocated after finishing school to study. I am currently in my final year of Master of design and technology teaching. I have a beautiful wife of 2 years who supports and puts up with me in countless ways.
    I enlisted in the ARES as a Combat Engineer on the 25th of May 2015. I wish I had gone through this process years earlier but at that time I didn’t know of anyone else who was serving as a reservist. I couldn’t recommend our role enough. I joined as it was a life long dream to put the uniform on just like my Father did. Once I completed my IETs I realised how much there is still to learn and how the skills that we are taught can help so many people in times of need.
    My motivators of this course are, mental and physical development and to be surrounded with like minded men and women. At the end of the year I will be looking for a full-time position as a tech teacher and I want to do my best to lead teenagers though their schooling to find their strength and natural abilities.

To be totally honest I am an extremely lazy person but as soon as I get through the first 5 minutes of an exercise I love it. I find it hard to self-motivate and work towards my goals. I absolutely love CrossFit workouts but do not have enough knowledge or confidence to undertake these workouts by myself.
    Personal goals are to be able to find the Basic Fitness Assessments less stressful and more enjoyable. I also struggle with my upper body strength and don’t think I can complete a single strict pull up. My best physical attribute is long distance running and I am hopeless at HIIT training which is something I would like to work on.
    My hobbies include working on design projects and working on VWs. I enjoy camping on the weekends, collecting and listening to records.
    I’d like to thank Tom Turnbull and Bram for helping convince me to become apart of this community. I’m excited to see where this journey leads.

Thanks Zak

Tom T
    Participant
    @Tango Tango

You did it! We can do some Plats challenges on the weekends and get you going!

Zakary Lamrock
    Participant
    @Zulu Lima

Thanks mate! Keen to have a crack

Tim Wedesweiler
    Participant
    @Tango Charlie

Welcome Zak,

great to have another ‘Country Boy’ on board, I am from Narrabri, so know Tamworthy very well and lost many times to their Rugby League teams…..

I enjoyed country life prior to joining the Army and moving from the Bri to start a fantastic career in the Australian Army for over 13 years, then continuing service in the Canadian Defence force, which sees a total of 22 years total service.

I would love to connect with you to provide some ideas on how to get started and how to capitalize on the momentum created to continue both physically and mentally in your current endeavors. let me know if you are keen….i would love too

Great to have you amoungst some of the most inspirational warriors i ever had the privilege to serve with and for.

‘Maintain the Rage’

Tim Wedesweiler

Zakary Lamrock
    Participant
    @Zulu Lima

Thanks for the warm welcome Tim!

Its a small world isn’t it. I have some good mates from Narrabri, they breed them tough out that way. I cant wait to hear more about your service, what you have learnt along the way and what you are working towards now.

Thank you
    Zak

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.