Home Forums Introductions Intro – Will.

8 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Matt Wilson 1 month, 1 week ago
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Will Key
    Participant
    @Whiskey Kilo 26

Hi Guy’s, Will here.

I found, and entered into, this program through advice from Paul Cale, who I met at the Kinetic 1A course in Melbourne. Due to the following;

In March 2018 I enlisted into ARA, and discharged in April 2018, due to an inability to cope with Army structure. Since then, on advice from Army psychologist who conducted my exit interview, I have been working on my personal resilience and discipline through goal setting etc.

So far, I have completed my current goals of improving my fitness, and completing the Bush Lore Australia 3 day survival course, amongst other goals. And I am on to my next target, which is to become a PSO within Victoria Police.
    I aim to remain within that position for a few years, and then reapply to the ADF to serve within the ARA or RAAF.

Cheers,

Will.

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by  Will Key.

Keith McArdle
    Participant
    @KeithM

G’day Will, nice to ‘meet’ you!

Will Key
    Participant
    @Whiskey Kilo 26

Likewise Keith.

Dean Adams
    Participant
    @Charlie November

G’day Will,

Firstly all the best with achieving that next goal on your list!

Just wondering how you found the Kinetic course and what you got out of it?

Cheers

Will Key
    Participant
    @Whiskey Kilo 26

Hi Dean.

I found both the theoretical and practical components of the Level 1-A course to be well structured and informative. It suits both those looking for an introduction to self defence, and people like me who have a background in martial arts.

As for what I got out of it, I enjoyed how Paul Cale went into the legalities around self defence, mindset, and the simplicity of the training. It was cohesive.

Cheers.

Will Key
    Participant
    @Whiskey Kilo 26

Update on my goals; I have advanced roughly 1/3 of the way through the PSO assessment, kept working, and in addition have been volunteering with my local CFA brigade as a volunteer firefighter. Further to that, I have begun volunteering at another organisation, and am on the way to begin training with a local SES unit.

However physically I have had to start from scratch; with a quadriceps injury in December, which was later compounded by a knee injury that required surgery late February. Mentally it was tough, but the training here, Bush Lore Australia, and the new physical goals I had to set have helped massively in keeping disciplined and focused on attaining my other goals.

Cheers,

Will.

Matt Wilson
    Participant
    @Whiskey Mike

Will,

I have just caught up with your progress, well done, by the way, excellent work.

Let me know if you want some advice on how to visualise and manage your goals so they are all ramping up to your longer-term main goal/vision.

In the meantime, don’t forget to keep us in the loop with your progress.

Matt

Will Key
    Participant
    @Whiskey Kilo 26

Thanks Matt,

Thank you for the offer, I will keep everyone updated here.

Will.

Matt Wilson
    Participant
    @Whiskey Mike

Will,

I will submit a blog about goal focus in the next weeks. Have a read and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions.

Life is good,

Matt

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.