Home Forums Introductions INTRO – JOSHUA PINEDA

2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  Anthony Plater 1 year, 7 months ago
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Joshua Pineda
    Participant
    @Juliet Papa

G’day everyone!

Currently a 21-year-old student in his final year of Paramedicine and in the Reserves at 8/7 Royal Victorian Regiment as a Rifleman.

I used to be in the 1 Cdo training platoon at 2 Coy Williamstown and unfortunately did not pass selection when I was 18.

Looking at developing as an individual and increasing my foundation fitness to perform better in selection when I attempt again in 4 years. Hoping to get any more advice to add to my constant 3.2km webbing run intervals and chicken and broccoli meals!

Cheers,

Joshua Pineda

David French
    Participant
    @FRENCH

G’Day Josh,

Great to have you onboard – although I am sure there is more to life than chicken and broccoli!!!!!

The WarriorU program has been helping people from all walks of life prepare for all sorts of service and if you are keen to move into the Emergency Services and 1 CDO, I am sure we will be able to help.

Good luck and please reach out to the mentors when you have questions to ask.

Cheers

Dave

Anthony Plater
    Participant
    @PLATS

Hi Josh,

Hope your study and Reserve time are tracking well?

Attempting selection again in four years gives you plenty of options to develop yourself and your fitness.

The 3.2km run is a small part of the selection process, therefore, I would suggest developing your conditioning, strength and skills to gain a solid fitness structure and base. Add mindset and mobility and will create the five headed monster!

Also, take a look at joining a functional fitness gym or Crossfit Gym, both are proven methodologies. Crossfit was original designed to facilitate military fitness training.

Good luck, send through any specific questions.

Regards,
    Plats

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.