Home Forums Introductions Intro – Dan

1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by  Tim Wedesweiler 2 months, 1 week ago
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Daniel Beardshaw
    Participant
    @Delta.Papa.Bravo

Hey there,
    I’m 34 years old, originally from the North of England, but after visiting in 2011, I decided to come back to Australia, 5 years later I’m still here with my Partner. As a bright eyed, bushy tailed 20 something year old, I’d applied to join the British Royal Marines, but back to back ACL reconstructions through sport put paid to that goal.
    I have a keen interest in the Military, especially gaining more knowledge around Leadership, mindset and what I can do to build the best possible life for myself, my partner and my future family. Regularly listening to podcasts while driving to and from work got me interested in the WarriorU podcast and eventually lead me here to the group.

Towards the end of 2018, I ended up hitting my heaviest weight of 98.7kg, after neglecting my health and using food as a ‘crutch’ – after seeing a photograph of myself, I realised I was just coasting along in life and gave myself a bit of a kick up the arse, re-evaluating my life goals and what I wanted to achieve.
    Since, I’ve dropped 10kgs, using the MyfitnessPal App, getting up at 5:30am for the gym and I’m ready to attack the WarriorU program. I’ve set myself the goals of becoming the fittest I’ve ever been, learning more about myself and what makes me tick, develop my Rugby League coaching experiences and an end goal of joining the NSW Police Force.

I’m very keen to see how the community evolves and what we can all do to help each other achieve.
    Cheers!
    Dan

Tim Wedesweiler
    Participant
    @Tango Charlie

G’day Dan,

Great to have you on board as a member of the WarriorU program.

you are now part of a very solid group of individuals that have got a wealth of experience, that is at your fingertips.

i look forward to hearing from you and how you go with your end play of the NSW Police Force.

Feel free to ask me anything you like as i am also very interest in mindfulness, equipping one self with the right tools for mental toughness, resiliency training and anything that results in wellbeing.

Maintain the Rage

Tim Wedesweiler
    WarriorU Mentor

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.