Home Forums Introductions Intro – Andrew Swann

4 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Tim Wedesweiler 3 days, 20 hours ago
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Andrew Swann
    Participant
    @swanna83

G’day all,

I’ve been a fan of the Warrior U podcast since its inception and I’m happy to finally be a member of this community.

I’ve joined to improve myself and my life by having knowledge bombs dropped on my brain. I’m 35 years old and have been a musician virtually my whole life as well as doing various jobs including Aust. Post, QUT I.T. Helpdesk and Guitar Teaching. After years in these roles my body had become full of muscular imbalances and riddled with niggling injuries leading me to embark on a “body-mind rehab” journey over the last two years. I still have a long way to go but 2019 is going to be a good year.

Although I am not looking to join the ADF at this time in my life I want to improve myself to become a better person for myself and my community.

Cheers,

Andrew
    (Brisbane Northside)

Matt Wilson
    Participant
    @Whiskey Mike

Andrew, I am new to Warrior U – so here is my belated welcome. It is timely that you have started to listen to those niggles in your mid-30s because believe me, if left unchecked, they can become major niggles in your mid-50s. So as you rightly pointed out, now is a great time to continue that mind and body journey you are on with a renewed focus and purpose.

I look forward to being a witness to your successes, failures and more success over the coming year.

Feel free to reach out if you want to bounce any personal development ideas off me.

Life is good in 2019.

Matt

Andrew Swann
    Participant
    @swanna83

Hi Matt,

Pleased to make your acquaintance and welcome to Warrior U.

I appreciate your thoughtful words and it’s nice to know that I’m getting on top of it at a crucial time. I’m humbled by every workout I do and I feel myself building resilience and consistency everyday. Sometimes the niggles get in the way of certain movements but I just adapt it to a movement that I can do without causing more pain or injury. Luckily my partner is an ex-personal trainer and exercise therapist of some years and her experience is invaluable to me; especially when I’m seeking an appropriate modification to an exercise!

Great to have you and your experience in the community and thanks again for reaching out.

Wishing you all the best in 2019 and beyond.

Andrew

Bram Connolly
    Keymaster
    @bram

Welcome Andrew! Great to have you on board mate.

Tim Wedesweiler
    Participant
    @Tango Charlie

Hi Andrew,

Great to have you amoungst the fold……As part of WarriorU, you are in the company of some of the greatest individuals i had the pleasure to serve and learn from that have a wealth of knowledge.

I would like to reach out to you personally, as i am also set on a ‘Body-Mind reset) this year. 2018, i consider a bang up year for me. i was in a serious vehicle accident that left me with 2 skull fractures that damaged the optical nerves down my neck that see me with continual vision issues, a neck brace for the first 9 weeks, 9 broken ribs, a punctured lung and serious soft tissue damage to my right ankle. I also suffered a concussion, that is now being ruled a Traumatic Brain Injury. Now having said all that, which when i type it all out, sound really bad. It isn’t. I am slowly recovering and would like to share some of the activities i have utilised from the initial day i was released from the hospital to now during my recover. Nothing to strenuous, but great for sorting out niggling injuries.

I am stronger both mentally and physically then i think i was when serving at 2 Commando.

Let me know if you are interested.

“maintain the Rage”

Tim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.