Home Forums Leader Board Crossfit.com WOD 18 Feb

3 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Zakary Lamrock 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anthony Plater
    Participant
    @PLATS

Team,

Try this WOD out, very solid full body hit out. Ensure you maintain good form.

Tip, break up the pull-ups early, I hit quick sets of two’s then into singles, its more challenging than you think.

You can either hit strict pull-ups, kipping or butterfly if you have these skills in your tool bag.

With the air squats, ensure the hip crease goes below the knee crease for the rep to count. Google search for more detailed movement standards explanation.

Good luck, enjoy the grind

5 pullups
    10 push ups
    15 air

10 pull ups
    20 push ups
    30 air squats

20 pullups
    40 push ups
    60 air squats

40 pull ups
    80 push ups
    120 air squats

My time: 20:34

Tom T
    Participant
    @Tango Tango

I got 19:57, really pushed myself there, very wobbly after. Great workout! I wrote down in my book plus 2 min because when I dropped to sets of one in the last 15ish of the 40 pull ups I had no control on the way down and dropped to the floor each time. So next time I intend to match my time with more controlled pull ups in the last set of 40. Was pretty brutal on the chicken legs at the end there.

Cheers Plats for taking the time to put these forward to everyone!

Bram Connolly
    Keymaster
    @bram

Tom that’s a great time mate. I was struggling on this and managed 25 minutes – still nursing my rotator cuff after dropping on some ring muscle ups. at least that’s my excuse.

Zakary Lamrock
    Participant
    @Zulu Lima

I understand that it is a better practice to build up strength before jumping into exercising different muscle groups that haven’t been used in a long time BUT… I wanted to see what my current strength level was in these particular movements and I saw it as a good challenge and a way to see where I currently stand.

My pull ups were horrible and I have lost my kipping technique from my CrossFit days.

I was able to get
    5 pullups
    10 push ups
    15 air

10 pull ups
    20 push ups
    30 air squats

20 pullups
    40 push ups
    60 air squats

At this point I was unable to continue pull ups without putting a massive kick under myself and there was no technique involved.
    My time at this point was 13.41. Without a chest rig.

Thanks for providing the workout!

Zak.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.