Home Forums ARMY QUESTIONS APTITUDE TESTING

6 replies, 5 voices Last updated by  Ollie Thomas 2 years, 1 month ago
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Aaron Bodycote
    Keymaster
    @threeam

Bram Connolly
    Keymaster
    @bram

Presently, I’m investigating the best way to train the WarriorU candidate in the military aptitude testing. There’s a huge amount of aptitude tests on the market, and most of them are designed to put the individual under time pressure and have them complete fairly rudimentary problems that then demonstrate cognitive ability.

Ollie Thomas
    Participant
    @Oscar Tango

Hi Bram, Im interested in this as I need to work on my Maths Skills, but am unsure of all the subjects that are required to study. I have used this site https://www.defenceaptitude.com.au/ but unsure of how accurate the material is.

Any type of help regarding subjects would be great !
    Loving Warrior U by the way !

Bram Connolly
    Keymaster
    @bram

Hi Ollie, I’m a fan of the defence aptitude site. It’s a great resource. That’s one of the reasons we didn’t bother to build it into the program, because you can use that resource. There’s a few ways to go about it, I think the best way is to sit some of the practice tests and get a feel of where your starting point is. The Maths score doesn’t weigh as heavily as the general aptitude score and that’s usually something people have problems with because of the time constraints. maybe one of the other mentors has some advice. The best thing to do here is to send an email and click the check box “ask a mentor” then you will get some good feedback.

David French
    Participant
    @FRENCH

Hey Ollie,

I just flicked you an email on the aptitude testing also.

Aaron Bodycote
    Keymaster
    @threeam

A couple of the key things to teach people aren’t necessarily the working out or answering of the questions but the tips about the aptitude test itself.

They are not meant to be completed and some people aren’t aware of that before they start. Due to the time pressure it is best to skip questions where the answers are not immediately apparent (but remembering to mark so you come back to the question). Also ensuring that you read the question correctly. Many people get lost in the question and assume what it is asking and mark the wrong answer.

Ollie Thomas
    Participant
    @Oscar Tango

thanks for the replies @bram and @Jones. received your email @french thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.