Home Forums RAAF Questions Anyone with ADG and ATC/JBAC experience/knowledge?

5 replies, 4 voices Last updated by  Ashton Masters 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ed Archer
    Participant
    @Echo delta tango

Howdy!

Hope you’re all keeping fit and well.

So to cut a long story short, my SFDRS application has progressed nicely, my submission to the paperboard for final interview was well recieved with some promising encouragement…but (dun dun dunnn!) I’ve got a fair few tattoos, one of which goes over 25% of my hand, and the SF mob didn’t seem fussed by it, recruitment has pointed out if I’m unsuccessful in SFDRS technically I won’t meet General army dress code when put into a infantry role.
    So while they deliberate, I looked into other services (I can’t sit still, always need to be formulating alternate plans) and the RAAF has said you’re welcome with open arms.
    My two choices for there which I’m eligible for are ATC and ADG. So that’s my back up plan pending DFRs decision on my hand tattoo and it’s job hampering effects!

Any mentors have any experience with any of these roles? I’m fairly confident with the fitness level I attained for SF that the fitness side won’t be hard, but they aren’t as well documented as most Army roles.
    I’m not after specific info, just feeling out how people found those jobs.
    I’m looking into ATC to follow down the JBAC role ideally. Anything that leads to field based work is the goal really.

Plus, the RAAF section looked empty and it really needed a post in it!

Cheers!!

Craig Blanchard
    Participant
    @BLANCH

Hey mate, just saw this. Glad you hit me up on social media. Hit me up anytime you need to if you have any questions, or give me a ring if you want, I’ll send my num via instagram if you want to talk

Anthony White
    Participant
    @WHITE

G’day Ed,

I have just discharged after 11 years as a Ground Defence Officer in the RAAF and have a comprehensive understanding of the current climate and roles.

Whatever questions you have, ill be happy to answer.

Regards,

Anthony

Ed Archer
    Participant
    @Echo delta tango

How good is this place for being able to get info!!

Craig – that’s blown me away a bit that it was you I hit up for ADG info when you’ve been on here and previously given me advice on SFDRS! Thanks again for all your guidance and advice thus far! We are lucky to have you on here!

Anthony – I’ll be sure to hit you up soon with some questions. Thank you very much for the reply and showing an interest in my future career (as stated, I’m getting into the defence force one way or another! Even if I’m sweeping the gravel tracks after people stomp down them!)

Cheers

Anthony White
    Participant
    @WHITE

Awesome no worries mate.

There has been some sweeping changes over the last couple of years within the mustering, however we can go through it and talk about what it could mean for your future. My end state for you is to have enough information to make a plan – whether that is to join in a role and then transfer through the various jobs, or stay in the one role and pursue it as a career. Either way, you will have a plan and we can provide a little bit of expectation management.

Cheers,

Anthony

Ashton Masters
    Participant
    @ALPHA MIKE

Hey Anthony, Im currently in the process of joing as a Ground Defence Officer and waiting to do Officer Selection Board do you have any tips before going in, also can you give an outline of what your average day to day consisted of.

Want to have the best chance to be selected also why I joined the program.

Cheers
    Ashton

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.