Home Forums ARMY QUESTIONS ADF Gap Year

Tagged: 

2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  David French 2 years, 2 months ago
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous @

Hey

Just wondering if anyone was interested in doing the ADF Gap year?

Also was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on transferring from the gap year to going to ADFA or RMC Duntroon?

Cheers

Bram Connolly
    Keymaster
    @bram

G’day James, I’m not familiar with the GAP year or how to works transferring. I’ll ask some of the mentors if they have any knowledge on the subject and get back to you, soonest. hope the training is going well.
    Bram.

David French
    Participant
    @FRENCH

Hi James,

The ADF Gap Year program was created in about 2012 as a way of providing an alternative entry into the ADF. Originally it was restricted to a small number of trades and then discontinued for a variety of reasons.

A couple of years ago it was reintroduced and this time included a program where you could join as an Army Reserve Officer which includes six months full time accelerated training and then six months on-the-job training in a Regular Unit. The scheme does not include the ability to transfer to ADFA or RMC.

If you are not certain on a career in the ADF then a Gap Year is a different way to have a look. However, if you want to become a Regular Army Officer I would not personally recommend utilising the ADF Gap Year scheme as a method of entry. I’d be happy to discuss further if you want to PM me here. I’m also in Canberra for the ADFA Open Day next weekend if you happen to be in Canberra and can show you around there. It is always worth double checking with DFR to make sure this information is all still correct. I am not sure if this part of the scheme is recruiting at the moment or not.

Cheers

Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.